4 week virtual course and Mobius practitioner certificate
May class – Tuesday and Thursday from May 18, 2021 (5-7pm GMT/1-3pm EST)
Do you want to become an effective innovation coach and change agent?
We’ll teach you all the skills to run effective workshops and design a customized innovation model you can apply to any part of your organization. There is a pattern to creating effective innovation that’s visual, engaging, and — dare we say it — fun.
Here’s what one of our recent graduates had to say about the class:
“This was the most pragmatic and useful courses I have ever been on. I work with large organizations trying to adopt Agile and struggling to get it right. When I showed Mobius as a more holistic approach they loved it so much they hired me to run workshops across their organization. The guided workshops are a game-changer to create clarity and focus.” – Peter, enterprise transformation coach
What will I get in the Mobius Masterclass?
In this 4 week course, you’ll learn:
- How to run a 4 hour workshop for teams
- Visualizing strategy to delivery in one place
- How to customize the activities for your organization
- Choosing the right activities to use in your workshops
- How to use the Mobius kit
The Mobius class is perfect for you, whether you are an internal or external coach, or you want to use it to run an innovation workshop to improve your organization.
How does the Mobius Practitioner class work?
The Mobius Practitioner class is run with live sessions taught by Mobius Founder Gabrielle Benefield, with guest co-trainers, Ryan Shriver (SingleStone), Tao Baker (head of innovation at TSB permanente bank), and Riccardo Mariti (Owner of Riccardo’s, an innovative restaurant in London). You will see real-world applications of Mobius used for fintech strategy, process design, and re-booting a business out of the pandemic.
You can take it at your own pace with all of the video replays or participate live via:
- Tuesday and Thursday topic sessions. Each Tuesday and Thursday we will run a 2 hour session at 9am PST / 6pm CET where we will introduce the topic and challenge for the week. This will be the lecture, interactive exercises and Q&A as part of the course. You will be able to practice what you learn between sessions.
- Coaching. We answer questions and give feedback on your own workshop design, structure, and practices, giving you two half hour 1:1 coaching sessions during the month.
- Mobius in the wild sessions. We will have live and recorded real-world applications with Mobius coaches. We will show you how to practically apply Mobius in different environments. These are coaches from the Mobius coaching community who share back what they have learned.
- Templates and other resources. For any of the weekly topic sessions, you’ll also get access to a whole library of specific, step-by-step templates that will help you apply the principles of Mobius workshop design.
- 24/7 access to the Masterclass. All of these great resources are organized in our own network course with a forum. This is where you can post your questions and weekly challenges with rich support from Gabrielle and our team. This will be available for the duration of the course, and if you continue your professional subscription you will have ongoing access to it.
- Practitioner certification. When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate as a Mobius practitioner. This is a prerequisite if you continue your journey to team and master coach.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
Mobius introduction: The 90 minute introduction and infinite game is hosted weekly at Mobiusloop.com, and at meetups around the world, you can join in class or have attended a session before the training starts.
- Setting up your virtual workshop with the maps and digital assets.
- Understanding context and segmenting customers
- Leading discovery to understand problems, their cause and impact.
- Creating outcomes for customers and the organization.
- Quantifying outcomes & OKR’s. Creating visual outcome trackers.
- Generating options, comparing ideation approaches
- Refining options and validating ideas.
- Coordinating people and creating an innovative culture
Designing, running and testing options
- Measuring outcomes
Continuously learning and adapting to feedback.
Meet the instructor
Founder of Mobius and co-creator of the Mobius Loop
What you need for virtual trainingWe will be using Zoom and Mural for the sessions. We will have a support person available during the class to help if you have any questions or problems. Some tips to prepare for the class are below:
- We suggest downloading Zoom, and having having a look at Mural so you understand the basics in advance. They are intuitive tools and we will be guiding you during the sessions.
- A laptop or desktop. Ipads can be challenging to use, it’s ok if you don’t have another option but they can be a little slower and less responsive when using Mural
- Paper and pen for the interactive sessions
- A good microphone either built in or external.
- If you are using bluetooth headphones they will run out of power so be prepared to charge in breaks or have a backup pair, or just revert to your computer speaker.
- A webcam is recommended as we do interact in small workgroups and it’s easier if we can see each other.
- Clothes are a very good idea. Yes we have all heard horror stories of people ‘forgetting’ their clothes and awkward moments when the video camera goes on.
- We are aware there are children, pets and other unexpected guests turning up mid-session. We suggest training them in advance to enable fetching snacks and drinks on demand. We all have to adapt and it’s part of the experience so don’t worry if there is some at-home chaos in the background.
- 4 weeks before the 1st day of class: 100% refund of the ticket price
- 2 weeks before the 1st day of class: 50% of the ticket price
- Less than 2 weeks before the 1st day of class: 25% of the ticket price
- Early May Masterclass
4th May 2021 - 25th May 2021
8:00 am - 10:00 am
- May Masterclass
18th May 2021 - 15th June 2021
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm