Online & face-to-face training
In this online program, you’ll learn how to apply Mobius and the strategic design toolkit that is used by leading organizations globally to create your innovation culture.
Live virtual class with Gabrielle Benefield
September 6-9, 9-1pm London time
$795 USD regular price
In-person class with Gabrielle Benefield & Curtis Michelson
November 16-18, 9-5pm local time
Downtown Miami, Florida, USA
$2100 USD regular price
Discounts are available for ‘early bird’ bookings, groups and students.
Successful organizations need to reinvent themselves continuously to compete. To do this they need to connect their innovation strategy to rapid delivery while building the mindshift and skills to take new ideas to market quickly. Whether you’re developing a new business, launching new ventures, or building an entrepreneurial culture within a larger organization, this course prepares you to develop strategies for transforming sustainable innovation into a competitive advantage that delivers the right outcomes for your customers and organization.
What You Will Learn
This hands-on program takes place in a virtual learning space very different from a typical classroom. Here you will immerse yourself in a pragmatic process of exploration, experimentation, learning and adapting. You will discover new ways to understand problems and develop novel solutions while learning what it takes to lead the changes that transform great ideas into reality.
- Solve complex challenges using proven innovation thinking tools
- Improve collaboration across your organization
- Understand how to build an innovation culture within your organization
Here’s what one of our recent graduates had to say about the class:
“This was the most pragmatic and useful courses I have ever been on. I work with large organizations trying to adopt Agile and struggling to get it right. When I showed Mobius as a more holistic approach they loved it so much they hired me to run workshops across their organization. The guided workshops are a game-changer to create clarity and focus.” – Peter, enterprise transformation coach
Upon completion you will be able to
- Master the skills you need to create sustainable innovation
- Acquire the mind shift and change levers to develop an innovative organizational culture
- Learn how to apply the strategic design toolkit to put your ideas into action
- Learn how you can solve problems creatively in any setting
Designed for executives, organizational coaches and change agents, and hands-on practitioners who want to learn practical innovation and rapid outcome delivery.
What we will cover
- How to create your own customized innovation process aligned to your strategy
- Why ongoing innovation is critical to sustained growth and differentiated customer experiences
- Creating a repeatable, adaptable model that scales to all parts of your organization
- Overcoming organizational barriers to creating an innovation culture
“Mobius is the one-stop-shop for design thinking, lean startup, business modelling and Agile. It connects all the dots to create awesome experiences and the outcomes that matter.”
– Jamie O’Shaunessey, Product manager at Skype
How does the Mobius Practitioner class work?
The Mobius Practitioner class is run with live sessions taught by Mobius Founder Gabrielle Benefield. You will see real-world applications of Mobius used for fintech strategy, process design, and re-booting a business out of the pandemic.
- Four half-day sessions
The course will run for four half-day sessions from 9am-1pm (London time).
- Mobius in the wild sessions.
We will have live and recorded real-world applications with Mobius coaches. We will show you how to practically apply Mobius in different environments.
- Templates and other resources.
You will get access to a whole library of specific, step-by-step templates that will help you apply the principles of Mobius workshop design.
- Video replay
The sessions are recorded and available to view for three months after the course completion.
- Practitioner certification
When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate as a Mobius practitioner. This is a prerequisite if you continue your journey to team and enterprise coach.
Creating an Innovation Culture
- Using the Mobius toolkit to accelerate change
- Recognizing that innovation is a competitive necessity for everyone in every function
- Designing spaces that support collaborative problem solving
- Leading discovery to understand problems, their cause and impact
- Learning new ways to uncover insights behind unmet customer needs
- Finding the real ‘why’ to understand where to focus your efforts
Generating actionable outcomes
- Learning how to measure value for your customers
- Quantifying business benefits to design your investment strategy
- Defining and visualizing outcomes to create transparency across the organization
- Unpacking the creativity to reframe problems and find unique solutions
- Finding the simplest solutions to reach your outcomes
- Knowing where to invest for the most impact
Transforming innovative ideas into reality
- Designing products that humans love
- Testing and measuring for rapid learning
- Coordinating people and creating fast feedback loops
- Inspiring continuous and effective innovation
- Collaborating at scale with a shared purpose
- Adapting to change and exploiting new opportunities
Meet the instructors
Gabrielle Benefield is a leading innovation expert, author, speaker, and pragmatic problem solver. She is an early Agile pioneer leading one of the first large scale transformations, starting the Scrum Foundation with the creator of Scrum, Jeff Sutherland, and is a pioneer of outcome driven thinking.
Curi (his Miami Cuban nickname) is a masterful agile and outcome innovation coach and facilitator of strategic design sprints. Mobius provides the framework for his coaching to be dynamic and ever moving.
He has counseled and coached companies on transformations as wide ranging as Harvard University Press, Daimler Trucks, Walmart, the US Navy and NASA.
What you need for virtual trainingWe will be using Zoom and Mural for the sessions. We will have a support person available during the class to help if you have any questions or problems. Some tips to prepare for the class are below:
- We suggest downloading Zoom, and having having a look at Mural so you understand the basics in advance. They are intuitive tools and we will be guiding you during the sessions.
- A laptop or desktop. Ipads can be challenging to use, it’s ok if you don’t have another option but they can be a little slower and less responsive when using Mural
- Paper and pen for the interactive sessions
- A good microphone either built in or external.
- If you are using bluetooth headphones they will run out of power so be prepared to charge in breaks or have a backup pair, or just revert to your computer speaker.
- A webcam is recommended as we do interact in small workgroups and it’s easier if we can see each other.
- Clothes are a very good idea. Yes we have all heard horror stories of people ‘forgetting’ their clothes and awkward moments when the video camera goes on.
- We are aware there are children, pets and other unexpected guests turning up mid-session. We suggest training them in advance to enable fetching snacks and drinks on demand. We all have to adapt and it’s part of the experience so don’t worry if there is some at-home chaos in the background.
- 4 weeks before the 1st day of class: 100% refund of the ticket price
- 2 weeks before the 1st day of class: 50% of the ticket price
- Less than 2 weeks before the 1st day of class: 25% of the ticket price
- September Masterclass
6th September 2021 - 9th September 2021
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- November Masterclass
16th November 2021 - 18th November 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm